Quinn Lucas Schansman, a dual citizen of the U.S. and the Netherlands, was one of 298 people killed when a Malaysian plane crashed in eastern Ukraine, President Obama said.
1. President Obama announced Friday that an American with citizenship in the Netherlands, Quinn Lucas Schansman, died when Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 crashed in Ukraine.
Facebook / Via Facebook: quinn.schansman
2. State Department spokesperson Jen Psaki confirmed the news in a tweet.
Thoughts and prayers go out to all families of Malaysia flight victims including family of Quinn Lucas Schansman, a dual Dutch-U.S. citizen.
3. The football club SV Olympia ‘25 from Hilversum, Netherlands, posted on Facebook that Schansman, a former player, had died in the crash, along with a family of five.
4. Schansman was traveling to Malaysia to meet his family, who were already there on vacation, according to the post. His age has not been released.
5. Quinn’s girlfriend posted a picture of the two of them on her Facebook page, which was flooded with messages of condolence.